Sunday, July 4, 2010

selections from The Me Nobody Knows

Windy windy windy skys
deep blue fallen over my eyes.
The clouds so white
as the sun is bright
The sea is so blue in place
as the wind blows in your face
The birds so loud and clear
as if you feel a soft hand
in the air.

- N.W., Age 15

Snowflakes fall with grace
And cover city's dirt
Why do you leave so soon?

Little Bird alone
In a branch of snowy pine
Please do not be so sad

- N.T., Age 14

When I first get up in the morning I feel fresh and it seems like it would be a good day to me.  But after I get in school, things change and they seem to turn into problems for me.  And by the end of the day I don't even feel like I'm young.  I feel tired.

Victor Y., Age 13

Spring turns into
Summer my hate into like
And Fall comes once again.

- C.S., Age 14

The Hopeless Tree

There was a man waiting under a baby apple tree.  He was waiting for an apple to grow on it.  He would just sit there and wait and wait but it never grew.  He watered it every day but it just didn't grow.  No matter what he did, it did not grow.  So the man got discouraged and gave up hope for the tree.  He wanted to cut it down.  So one day he decided to do it.  He said he would do it on a Sunday afternoon, rain or snow.  So on Sunday there was a fog and he could not see the tree and so he did not cut it down.

The following Sunday a baby apple was hanging on it.

- Curtis M., Age 14